One year in the books. Now what?

It's 4:30 am.  I am awake and coherent.  This only happens when I am going fishing.  Can't be too many other reasons to be up at such an ungodly hour on a Saturday. Right?

Not so much.

Today's impending visit with the sunrise is courtesy of a sick little girl.  Guessing by the way things have gone so far, those chocolate chip pancakes for dinner had something to do with this.  She has been puking for a while now.  About every 15-20 minutes we go another round.  Fun.  But she is 6, and in the way only a daughter can do-has tugged so hard at my heartstrings that I wouldn't think of doing anything else but offering moral support, and dutifully rinsing the "puke bucket" as needed, getting it ready for the next round. Then wrapping her back up in her blanket and laying a hand on her foot so she knows I am here.

She is tired, so between rounds, she snoozes.  Sorta.  And by the looks of things, she is starting to work through those pancakes and is down to stomach bile.  A good sign because that usually marks the beginning of the end.

I'm tired too, but in a rare moment, I am not consumed with stress of my own.  Feels good to be here for her, but I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge my own calm mind.

This picture was stolen from the internet
On Monday October 8, the MacLoosh Chronicles turns 1 year old.  I'm not sure it is as much a "birthday" as it is an "Anniversary"?  I'm not sure it matters either.  Semantics..I suppose, because either definition meets the same intent.  A chance to look both forward and backwards.  An exercise that I believe is necessary if a site like this is to survive.

Looking back, I can say with some certainty that I have learned a hell of a lot, although I am not always confident that my grammar has improved.  :)  Topping the highlight list: This goofy blog has offered me chances to fish with old friends and meet lots of new friends.  Having gone from a primarily solitary fisherman to sharing the stream with such good folk has certainly heightened my experience.  With a little bit of luck, that trend will continue next year.

Looking forward, well...I am just not sure.  The blog survived the summer, which I understand as the time where blogs sort of......die.. because we would all rather be out in the fresh air swinging feathers, beads and tiny hooks.  At this moment, the blog has it's own URL.  Yes, thanks to a friend who knows more about this kind of thing than I do, www.macloosh.com will point your browser our direction.  This same friend has piqued my interest in some "other" aspects of managing a website.  What does that mean?  I'm not sure myself, but I am certainly going to entertain any way possible to make this site better.

I have also tried to take cues from some peers out there.  While this blogger and I haven't met in person, he sure did a nice job of exploring some of these thoughts.  Check out the Functioning Fishaholics and his post about Shutting down the site.  For what it's worth, I am glad that he has decided to keep his site up.

By the way, Sweets hasn't ralphed in nearly 40 minutes.  At the risk of being too optimistic, I think this is winding down for her.  At least I hope it is.  Now all that will be left will be to keep her from eating after she decides that she is REALLY hungry.

Anyway, at one year old, the MacLoosh Chronicles wants to say thank you for being a part of this last year.   It has been a lot of fun, and I hope to keep you coming back.

To that end, please don't hesitate to leave comments or to email me directly at macloosh@hotmail.com    

I'd love to hear what you think.

Popular Posts