Milestones

10 years ago tonight, my wife and I were laying together in her hospital bed, holding and snuggling with our first born child.  A bouncing baby boy.  What a wonderful feeling...even though we were scared to death that he was going to poop and neither of us really knew how to handle it if he did.

Well, he DID poop...and peed on both of us with the accuracy of a waterpick.  We were mortified, and looked at each other with that panic look of "uh oh...Now what?".  I'm pretty sure the nurse wasn't very impressed with either one of us as we did every single thing wrong that two people can do while trying to care for a newborn.   At one point, I think I heard her mumble something about "you have to take a test to get a drivers license...but any pair of idiots can have a baby..." as she left the room.

I am proud to say that over the years, Mrs. MacLoosh and I have grown into our roles as parents and aren't quite as rough around the edges as we once were...although there are still plenty of days were we are obviously hanging on by the seat of our pants.  But, it is times like today, as my boy has turned 10 years old that I think back and and wish I could relive it all over again.  It has just gone by too fast.  But even if I could go back...I wouldn't change a thing.

I am obviously partial, but even at ten years old, I just don't mind saying that I think he is an amazing little man and the world is a much better place because of him.

Happy Birthday G!

I am proud of you and at the risk of sounding "mushy"...I sure do love you pal!

A VERY happy young man...taking his new ride out for a test run
Til later,

-M

 

Popular Posts