Bluegill days

Fresh off a week at a cabin that was smack dab in the middle of several great trout streams, I am sorry to tell you that mother nature played kind of a rotten trick on me.  The heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and plain old lack of any bites caused me to abandon trout fishing all together for the week.

Uncharacteristic of me, I know; I am usually not smart enough to figure such things out until looking at them through hindsight.

The cabin was on a gorgeous little lake.  Clear water, temps in the mid 90's and no air conditioner in the cabin meant that I spent a LOT of time in the water.  When not actually in the water cooling off, my other favorite activity was lounging on a lawn chair at water's edge and drinking myself silly.  Of course, one can only do this for soooo long before the need to do something else hits.

Usually the call to action was wandering up to the house for a fresh cocktail or change of flavor(s), but also occasionally meant swinging a fly-rod for bluegill.  Fun stuff, but they have a habit of swallowing everything they take. After a while of performing surgery on every fish I caught, I turned to something less...invasive.

Here is a look at a few of the more...gregarious...fish that were hanging out off the dock.


Til later,

-M

Comments

Popular Posts