Saturday, December 21, 2013

Turning towards the light


Don't know about you, but today is one of my favorite days of the year.

Never mind that today is a Saturday.  Or the first in a long series of days off for the holidays.  And never mind that there is an impending snowstorm. (I like all kinds of storms, but big snowstorms carry a special brand of excitement for me, especially around Christmas)

Today marks the first official day of winter and most importantly, the returning of the sun.  While today is the shortest day of the year in terms of sunlight, tomorrow will have a full 2 extra seconds of daylight.

Go ahead, call me a dreamer, optimist, or just a garden variety fruitcake.  Or maybe it's just the Prozac speaking, but I plan to take those 2 seconds per day and enjoy them to the fullest.

Happy solstice everyone!

Til later,

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment